Sunday, August 01, 2010

Congrats to Nathan and Amy

Next we were off to Des Moines to celebrate my cousin Nathan's marriage. He and his bride, Amy, got married this spring in Maui, but had a reception in Iowa this month, so we were able to celebrate with them and see lots of family in the process.

(Thanks to Facebook for supplying this gorgeous pic)
In honor of the luau theme, Renee and I wore vintage Hawaiian dresses that belonged to my mom when she and my dad were stationed in Hawaii with the Navy in the '70s!
The kids went crazy chasing beach balls all night!
Josh really enjoyed himself at the par-tay! I think it was his first experience with The Chicken Dance - surely not the last. Here's a few videos of Josh breakin' it down...



3 comments:

anissa brett,asher, tate and tobin!!! said...

Those dresses are SO great and such fun that they were your mom's I love it! Looks like you had a great time - at least it looks like Joshy had a great time :-)

melanie said...

I LOOOOVE that dress -- looked awesome on you!

melanie said...

I LOOOOVE that dress -- looked awesome on you!