Sunday, August 01, 2010

Life is Good in Ames, IA

All 3 of us in Life is Good t-shirts
Our next pit stop was a brief visit at my alma mater, Iowa State University. We met up with my good friend, Lori, at one of our favorite places to eat - Hickory Park. It just so happened that another college friend, James, was in town at the same time! I hadn't seen James in about 7 years, so it was fun to catch up with him too.
Lori brings a party wherever she goes and had brought tiaras, birthday hats, and decorations to the restaurant (not to mention all the celebratory window paint, body art, and sidewalk chalk awaiting us at her house).  I felt very celebrated!
Dan stayed at Lori's house while the kids napped, and Lori and I went for a quick bicycle tour of campus.  It had been a few years since I was there, and it brought back lots of good memories.  There are new buildings and some things have changed, but at the same time it felt like a very familiar, happy place. 
Photo courtesy of this site.

O we will fight, fight, fight for Iowa State,
And may her colors ever fly.
Yes, we will fight with might for Iowa State,
With a will to do or die,
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Loyal sons forever true,
And we will fight the battle through.
And when we hit that line we'll hit it hard
ev'ry yard for I.S.U.

2 comments:

anissa brett,asher, tate and tobin!!! said...

I"M SO GLAD YOU FELT CELEBRATED :-) looks like your having a great time! We've been sick the whole time you've been gone so it was good timing for us to get sick.

melanie said...

what a super-fun birthday!