Wednesday, April 27, 2011

38 Weeks

Easter: Last family photo as four!
I am getting super anxious to meet our new baby girl!  For whatever reason, I've thought (hoped?) that I would have this baby early and am now spending every day (and especially the middle of the night) thinking that TODAY is THE DAY!  I think my eagerness is a combination of being anxious to meet her and to not be pregnant - an end to the tiredness, awkwardness, and weird aches and pains that come with it.  However, as good as it feels to not be pregnant, it will be a whole new kind of exhaustion, awkwardness, and body aches as we return to babyland!  And, who knows what kind of temperament Baby #3 will have?  Lord, please, another good sleeper and "easy" baby!  Not sure I can survive life with three otherwise! I have been trying to catch up on the stuff that just seems like it will be harder with a newborn...photos caught up, closets organized, rooms deep cleaned (nesting, anyone?)...and also preparing for the baby's arrival.  I've just about overflowed the freezer with prepared meals for those days when it's just a little too crazy, gone a little overboard stocking up on household products in anticipation of it being harder to run errands, gotten all the baby stuff out, washed, and put away, and set up the nursery again.  My parents arrive on Saturday for help with the big kids while we're in the hospital and the days following.  So, all bases are covered!  I've been having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions, but nothing regular...just enough to make me pause and wonder at what point I need to call Daniel at work to make sure we don't end up having this baby at home! Here's some pictures of the nursery:




We haven't decided on a name yet, but have a short list to pick from once she's born.  I guess from this point on, it's just a waiting game until Baby #3 decides to make her entry into the world...come meet your mama, baby girl!




4 comments:

melanie said...

love love love the nursery! so colorful! is the valance mama-made? can't wait to see the girl who's going to sleep in there!

Dan&Van said...

The valance is made out of napkins - no sew! Most of the stuff is what we had for Brielle, but with a few additions and we switched the furniture from Josh's room in there. I think I'll put her name above the bed once it's chosen!

Abbie said...

Praying for you as you wait! And enjoying the "not pregnant" feeling and surviving the other "new baby" feelings!

Rachofel said...

This Blog is awesome in light of your week:) I love your nursery too:) Can't wait to hear all that's happening! Love!